Any updates on this

#17 ranchhand

ranchhand

• Moderators
  • 1,345 posts
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 28 December 2016 - 01:54 PM

Hello brown1, and welcome to SAF.
You are very welcome to our small, but friendly, help forum and you are invited to post in with help or questions any time. You may notice that this is one of the few forums that does not have annoying advertising posted to generate income. We wish to keep it that way.

This is to inform you of our spam policy; you have a corrupted link to a retail/for profit business in your post, and if you read our forum policy you will see this is not allowed. At this point, I have removed the bad link as well as the link in your profile. Please respect our forum policy.

ranchhand/mod

Fishing Fanatic - gimme a fishing rod, point me North and turn me loose.

#18 Angoid

Angoid

Administeriosis Extremus

• Administrators
  • 1,436 posts
  • LocationEast Midlands, UK

Posted 29 December 2016 - 09:50 AM

Thanks Bob,

I've only just seen this but you're probably right: this looks like nothing more than spam in its purest form.  I don't think Microsoft is pushing Windows 10 like this any more, now the free upgrade window has closed.

So why would brown1 want to chase up a thread that has been dormant for over 6 months?  Resurrecting old threads is a trick often pulled by spammers.

If you don't know what eschatology is then don't worry; it's not the end of the world.
Please do not send uninvited PMs requesting support; post into the appropriate forum instead and we'll all learn. See our Private messaging policy.

#19 kennethr

kennethr

• Silver Star Member
  • Pip
  • 168 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 04:10 AM

:1thumbsup:

thanks ranchhand