272 replies to this topic

#271 Angoid

Angoid

Administeriosis Extremus

• Administrators
  • 1,436 posts
  • LocationEast Midlands, UK

Posted Today, 07:57 AM

Hi Beau - yes, my changes will still be good to go. That said, I only tested what I changed and didn't go through a full regression test procedure.

<<I wasn't able to get the punctuation panel to fade in with the tiles>>
I don't think fading the punct panel is worth the trouble. Visually the user's attention is elsewhere when a new puzzle is called up. Sorry I didn't mention this before.

Yep, exactly. We notice it because we know it's there, but others will probably not notice it at all.

The punctuation panel problem has been fixed in Edge: I did it by placing a non-breaking space at the start of the punctuation marks and another one at the end. I couldn't figure out why it was doing it, but ONLY seemed to be a problem:
1) on Edge, and
2) Where the exclamation mark was the ONLY punctuation mark.

I tried resizing the font in the stylesheet and repositioning it vertically, but nothing made any difference.

If you don't know what eschatology is then don't worry; it's not the end of the world.
Please do not send uninvited PMs requesting support; post into the appropriate forum instead and we'll all learn. See our Private messaging policy.

#272 beau

beau

Valued Member

• Gold Star Member
  • Pip
  • 505 posts

Posted Today, 11:55 AM

G'mornin' Angus ~
<<yes, my changes will still be good to go>>
Whew! :P

Jon says the non-draggable problem is an easy fix and he'll send it to me as soon as he gets my very early morning email

#273 Angoid

Angoid

Administeriosis Extremus

• Administrators
  • 1,436 posts
  • LocationEast Midlands, UK

Posted Today, 04:16 PM

OK, let me know once it's in place. Probably best if he takes a copy of the current area and modify that, then I can grab the next update when I need it :)

Just as a heads-up, I believe you're in NY, is that correct? If so, you're 5 hours behind me.
I'm typically on from home in the evening, which would be mid-afternoon for you.

If you don't know what eschatology is then don't worry; it's not the end of the world.
Please do not send uninvited PMs requesting support; post into the appropriate forum instead and we'll all learn. See our Private messaging policy.