1 reply to this topic

#1 beau

beau

Valued Member

• Silver Star Member
  • Pip
  • 480 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 01:51 PM

I've just started with Gmail's voice to text, but I don't know how to include punctuation or create a new paragraph, e.g. if you say "comma", instead of inserting a comma it types out the word 'comma'.

I've googled this but can't find the answer :(

#2 Angoid

Angoid

Administeriosis Extremus

• Administrators
  • 1,364 posts
  • LocationEast Midlands, UK

Posted 09 November 2016 - 03:13 PM

Hi Beau, a Google search has turned up this which suggests that saying "comma" should work:
https://support.goog...r/4492226?hl=en

However, you may need to speak more slowly: the final paragraph, "Voice Commands aren't Working" says this:

If voice commands aren’t working, try the following:

Speak more slowly and clearly
Pause before and after each command. The text of your command might show in the document for a moment. For example, if you say "select all," the words "select all" show up before your text is selected.
The microphone shows a bubble containing the most recent command. Verify that Docs heard the right command. If not, you can simply say "Undo."

That's for Google Docs ... probably not too dissimilar for Gmail though.

If you don't know what eschatology is then don't worry; it's not the end of the world.
I wanted to go to France and my wife wanted to go to Spain. So we compromised and went to Spain.
The sooner you start out on the road to nowhere, the sooner you'll get there.
Please do not send uninvited PMs requesting support; post into the appropriate forum instead and we'll all learn. See our Private messaging policy.