• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ranchhand

ranchhand

• Moderators
  • 1,434 posts
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 16 February 2017 - 02:46 PM

Have you just spent hours trying to get that darn thing to print and failed?  This will help!

http://www.wimp.com/...-fix-a-printer/

Fishing Fanatic - gimme a fishing rod, point me North and turn me loose.

#2 Angoid

Angoid

Administeriosis Extremus

• Administrators
  • 1,575 posts
  • LocationEast Midlands, UK

Posted 17 February 2017 - 08:40 AM

I have a printer that I thought had given up the ghost.  I might give that a try!

Bet it'll work fine after that  :roflmao:

If you don't know what eschatology is then don't worry; it's not the end of the world.
Please do not send uninvited PMs requesting support; post into the appropriate forum instead and we'll all learn. See our Private messaging policy.

#3 LF from MC

LF from MC

• Moderators
  • 726 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 22 February 2017 - 03:32 PM

Wow!!! Glad I found an easier fix --- :2thumbsup:

My printer prints ok, it's just it wont stay off. I have the printer to shut down after about an hour on idle, it shuts down ok, but it doesn't like to be off, so it turns itself back on.  It will do this all day, (off than back on), :confused: so I just turn it off, by using the button on the printer, than it stays off.  :yes:

Lorraine

To all Guest who’s lurking out there, come on in, and join us. You don’t have to have a computer problem to join, and it doesn’t take long to sign in, and when you do have a computer problem, heaven for bid, you’re ready to ask questions about it.  

#4 ranchhand

ranchhand

• Moderators
  • 1,434 posts
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 22 February 2017 - 03:36 PM

Probably a "sleep" energy-saver feature for that computer; somewhere in whatever utility screen it has will be a way to turn that feature off. It's probably not worth your time spent trying to find it if your work-around is good enough.

Fishing Fanatic - gimme a fishing rod, point me North and turn me loose.

#5 LF from MC

LF from MC

• Moderators
  • 726 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 23 February 2017 - 07:10 PM

Hi ranchhand,

Well I did try to check the printer out some more,  :mellow:  and I think I'll just do what I have been doing, push the off button on the printer for now.  :)

Thanks for trying to help.

Lorraine

To all Guest who’s lurking out there, come on in, and join us. You don’t have to have a computer problem to join, and it doesn’t take long to sign in, and when you do have a computer problem, heaven for bid, you’re ready to ask questions about it.  

#6 Angoid

Angoid

Administeriosis Extremus

• Administrators
  • 1,575 posts
  • LocationEast Midlands, UK

Posted 24 February 2017 - 08:56 AM

You could always try this fix procedure and afterwards buy a new one.
It'll probably work fine after that.

If you don't know what eschatology is then don't worry; it's not the end of the world.
Please do not send uninvited PMs requesting support; post into the appropriate forum instead and we'll all learn. See our Private messaging policy.