3 replies to this topic

#1 don2013

don2013

Valued Member

• Silver Star Member
  • Pip
  • 462 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 10:17 PM

hiding from me !!!! for shame!!! for about 3 days have been unable to access the forum...just got a

bunch of geeky stuff when I yried to get on...where u been!!! AND EXCUSE THE TYPING BROKE MY RIGHT WRIST SO POKING T5HISS with one left index finger....whew,,,,later...happy spring... :1thumbsup:

#2 Angoid

Angoid

Administeriosis Extremus

• Administrators
  • 1,525 posts
  • LocationEast Midlands, UK

Posted 09 March 2017 - 10:10 AM

The site has been down, but as you can see we're back in business now :)
I'm not sure what the issue was, but Mark needed to dive in and do something with the code to get us back.

If you don't know what eschatology is then don't worry; it's not the end of the world.
Please do not send uninvited PMs requesting support; post into the appropriate forum instead and we'll all learn. See our Private messaging policy.

#3 ranchhand

ranchhand

• Moderators
  • 1,395 posts
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 09 March 2017 - 02:52 PM

He said that it looked like someone attempted to install Wordpress in the same directory as our forum, so he cleaned up the mess and we are back in business. He was out of town at the time this happened, so he took care of it Wednesday immediately when he returned.

Thanks Mark! We appreciate your donated, hard work keeping out site operating!Attached File  2thumbsup.gif   1.66KB   0 downloads

• dashwood95 likes this

Fishing Fanatic - gimme a fishing rod, point me North and turn me loose.

#4 Angoid

Angoid

Administeriosis Extremus

• Administrators
  • 1,525 posts
  • LocationEast Midlands, UK

Posted 09 March 2017 - 02:58 PM

Yes, I'd Googled the directories and script names reported and turned up a bunch of Wordpress results, but the spellings were usually different ("press this" instead of "pressthis" as all one word for example with no reference to "pressthis" at all).

It strikes me as either a mistake (someone trying to install WP in error) OR in the light of the vulnerabilities that have been found in WP recently, a malicious actor somehow got in to try and install a vulnerable version in order to exploit the site. And failed. Miserably, mercifully.

OTOH I might just be getting paranoid. But that depends if they're out to get me or not. If so, I'm not paranoid.

If you don't know what eschatology is then don't worry; it's not the end of the world.
Please do not send uninvited PMs requesting support; post into the appropriate forum instead and we'll all learn. See our Private messaging policy.