Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:18 PM

What's going on ?

#2 ranchhand

ranchhand

• Moderators
  • 1,345 posts
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 21 March 2017 - 05:10 PM

Yes, I get that also when I log in. Don't be concerned, this site is not hacked. I think it may be a glitch after the site crash we had a few days ago. I am sure Mark will take care of it when he has time.

Thank you for notifying us!

Fishing Fanatic - gimme a fishing rod, point me North and turn me loose.

#3 AppleIsEverything

AppleIsEverything

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 05:51 PM

Yeah I thought maybe so, but I just find it odd. Just making sure it wasn't due to a hack.

Thank you for informing me !

#4 Angoid

Angoid

Administeriosis Extremus

• Administrators
  • 1,436 posts
  • LocationEast Midlands, UK

Posted 22 March 2017 - 11:16 AM

I remain logged in all the while, and did not experience any downtime at all.

If you don't know what eschatology is then don't worry; it's not the end of the world.
Please do not send uninvited PMs requesting support; post into the appropriate forum instead and we'll all learn. See our Private messaging policy.

#5 AppleIsEverything

AppleIsEverything

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 02:41 PM

There was downtime a few days ago, actually.

#6 AppleIsEverything

AppleIsEverything

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 02:41 PM

Anyhow I am referring to the "this site may be hacked" warning i get when i google SAF.

#7 Angoid

Angoid

Administeriosis Extremus

• Administrators
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 09:02 AM

I've just done the Google search and yes, it does come up with "This site may be hacked."

I'll raise it with the Mods / Admins team, but it is possible that it could be "old news".
Websites get cached by Google when it crawls the site, and it could be that something has not got flushed out properly.

However, it is a concern and does need investigating further.

Thanks for flagging it up!

If you don't know what eschatology is then don't worry; it's not the end of the world.
Please do not send uninvited PMs requesting support; post into the appropriate forum instead and we'll all learn. See our Private messaging policy.

#8 AppleIsEverything

AppleIsEverything

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 09:09 AM

I dont believe this is old news ! This is the first time I received a security warningby accessing the site

#9 ranchhand

ranchhand

• Moderators
  • 1,345 posts
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 23 March 2017 - 01:00 PM

In addition, I am getting this screen when I log in now. I can log in ok, but I never got this warning before. It may be a concern for new members when they log in or want to join.

Attached File  Snap 2017-03-23 at 07.57.35.png   37.76KB   0 downloads

#10 AppleIsEverything

AppleIsEverything

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 01:26 PM

Yeah the google search certificate issue has onlybeen happening since a few days

Very suggestive
Maybe it was due to the crash idk how the system works in regards to hack detection

#11 Angoid

Angoid

Administeriosis Extremus

• Administrators
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 02:09 PM

Bob - that's Firefox right?
As of version 52, if you log in to any page that is not an HTTPS connection, you will see that warning.

For kicks and giggles, have a read of this.

The only solution to that is to go to https. If the hosting company supports Let's Encrypt, then this may not be too difficult to do.

I think Mark is going to look into it when he gets back. I think there is some action (in terms of notifying Google) that only he can do as the site owner.

#12 Phzzz

Phzzz

Phzzz izzz a Nugatory and Totally Insignificant Peon!

• Administrators
  • 990 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 23 March 2017 - 05:55 PM

I investigated and we actually were hacked. I've removed all the malicious code so things should be okay. I've requested a site review from Google explaining what I did to address the problem and If no hacked content is found by them, they'll remove the warning from search results for SAF. This process may take several weeks.

• dashwood95 likes this

Please don't Email or Message me for help/support. Instead, either start a NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY in the appropriate thread in these forums. This will also benefit others who may have a similar question or problem. And please read the rules for Private Messaging. - Phzzz (aka Scruffy; aka Nunzio; aka Tom)

#13 AppleIsEverything

AppleIsEverything

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 06:38 PM

My battery on my mbp pretty much started dying since visiting a few days ago, does the code relate to such an effect on my battery life or has my battery life died for anotheer reason, just a coincidence ?

By hacked do you mean malicious codeor stolen passwords. ? I'd prefer if it were stolen passwords TBH; my forum life is seperate from RL in terms of passwords and email addresses. If it's malicious code, nothing i can do for now bcuz my anti virus wont detect it !

#14 Phzzz

Phzzz

Phzzz izzz a Nugatory and Totally Insignificant Peon!

• Administrators
  • 990 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 23 March 2017 - 06:49 PM

Don't worry, AppleIsEverything.  The problem has been addressed and you have nothing to worry about.  It may take awhile for the Google search results to no longer include the warning but all is well.  :1thumbsup:

• dashwood95 likes this

Please don't Email or Message me for help/support. Instead, either start a NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY in the appropriate thread in these forums. This will also benefit others who may have a similar question or problem. And please read the rules for Private Messaging. - Phzzz (aka Scruffy; aka Nunzio; aka Tom)

#15 ranchhand

ranchhand

• Moderators
  • 1,345 posts
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 23 March 2017 - 07:44 PM

Thanks Phzzz!

• Phzzz likes this