- Double-click SecurityCheck.exe
- Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
- A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.
NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.
NOTE 2. SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me.
NOTE 3. If you receive UNSUPPORTED OPERATING SYSTEM! ABORTED! message restart computer and Security Check should run
Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.
Make sure the following options are checked:
- Internet Services
- Windows Firewall
- System Restore
- Security Center
- Windows Update
- Windows Defender
- Other Services
It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.
Please copy and paste the log to your reply.
Download Temp File Cleaner (TFC)
Alternate download: http://www.itxassoci...T-Tools/TFC.exe
- Double click on TFC.exe to run the program.
- Click on Start button to begin cleaning process.
- TFC will close all running programs, and it may ask you to restart computer.
Download Sophos Free Virus Removal Tool and save it to your desktop.
- Double click the icon and select Run
- Click Next
- Select I accept the terms in this license agreement, then click Next twice
- Click Install
- Click Finish to launch the program
- Once the virus database has been updated click Start Scanning
- If any threats are found click Details, then View log file... (bottom left hand corner)
- Copy and paste the results in your reply
- Close the Notepad document, close the Threat Details screen, then click Start cleanup
- Click Exit to close the program