• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 ranchhand

ranchhand

• Moderators
  • 1,431 posts
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 04 October 2017 - 02:24 PM

is there any possibility that it's not Simple YouTube to MP3/MP4 Converter alone that's to blame, but some kind of combination of it and another extension?

And is it a good idea for me to post a SAF topic which warns about the add-on?

Yes, that is always possible. Many vendors do inadequate testing of their programs, and on top of that it would be impossible for them to test their product cooperating with a plethora of various other software out there.

Sure, you can post your experience; it may be that someone else is having the same problem, does a search and comes up with your post. Glad you found the problem!

Fishing Fanatic - gimme a fishing rod, point me North and turn me loose.

#17 Angoid

Angoid

Administeriosis Extremus

• Administrators
  • 1,575 posts
  • LocationEast Midlands, UK

Posted 05 October 2017 - 11:04 AM

I wouldn't write in a style that definitely puts the blame on this (or any) specific add-on though. Write in a way to say that this was what caused it in your environment - someone else could have the same problem and find it to be totally unrelated to this add-on.

If I had a pound for every time I've experienced a problem and Googled it, turned up articles that accuse a particular program or add-on of a particular behaviour and found that it's been nothing but a waste of time thing, believe me I would be in the Bahamas by now.

Heck, I've even seen an article that "resolves" a power-up issue on a laptop by pressing the power button a very specific number of times. I kid you not.

If you don't know what eschatology is then don't worry; it's not the end of the world.
Please do not send uninvited PMs requesting support; post into the appropriate forum instead and we'll all learn. See our Private messaging policy.

#18 beau

beau

Valued Member

• Gold Star Member
  • Pip
  • 600 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 01:06 PM

Thanks Angus and ranchhand ~

<<Heck, I've even seen an article that "resolves" a power-up issue on a laptop by pressing the power button a very specific number of times. I kid you not.>>

hrhr.gif

Did my best to follow your advice, Angus, I've posted on Internet Issues under the title "Simple YouTube to MP3/MP4 Converter Possible Faulty Firefox Extension"

#19 Angoid

Angoid

Administeriosis Extremus

• Administrators
  • 1,575 posts
  • LocationEast Midlands, UK

Posted 05 October 2017 - 03:06 PM

Yep, seems OK to me :)
Nice work!

If you don't know what eschatology is then don't worry; it's not the end of the world.
Please do not send uninvited PMs requesting support; post into the appropriate forum instead and we'll all learn. See our Private messaging policy.

#20 ranchhand

ranchhand

• Moderators
  • 1,431 posts
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 05 October 2017 - 09:41 PM

That's what a forum is all about! Everybody can post in and we can pool our experiences for everyone's benefit. Good post!

Fishing Fanatic - gimme a fishing rod, point me North and turn me loose.

#21 beau

beau

Valued Member

• Gold Star Member
  • Pip
  • 600 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 12:33 AM

banana.gif