• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 kennethr

kennethr

• Silver Star Member
  • Pip
  • 190 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 01:07 AM

I had not seen this screen before until my wife clicked on something and it came up.

Attached File  win10corp.jpg   93.88KB   0 downloads

#2 Angoid

Angoid

Administeriosis Extremus

• Administrators
  • 1,588 posts
  • LocationEast Midlands, UK

Posted 10 October 2017 - 02:04 PM

Sounds like another phish to me.
How did you get this exactly? That is, is this in a browser window or was it a program that popped up?

Might be worth popping into the Malicious code room for a check-up if you're concerned.

Whatever you do though, please do NOT call that number. That "Authentication Required" box is trying to get you to sign into a very suspicious website!

If you don't know what eschatology is then don't worry; it's not the end of the world.
Please do not send uninvited PMs requesting support; post into the appropriate forum instead and we'll all learn. See our Private messaging policy.

#3 kennethr

kennethr

• Silver Star Member
  • Pip
  • 190 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 02:46 PM

I know it was in FireFox but not sure where she was or where she intended to go.  But it came up as soon as she clicked on some link.  i did not click on anything.  Not close, or back, or any button.  I just opened task manager and closed FF which got rid of it.

I scanned with malwarebytes and AV and found nothing. Not overly concerned at this point but thanks.

#4 Angoid

Angoid

Administeriosis Extremus

• Administrators
  • 1,588 posts
  • LocationEast Midlands, UK

Posted 10 October 2017 - 03:10 PM

Sounds like it was a webpage then. I couldn't tell as the context had been removed from the screenshot (i.e. not a screenshot of the entire program window), so couldn't tell whether this was in a browser session or a pop-up dialogue, or what.

If you don't know what eschatology is then don't worry; it's not the end of the world.
Please do not send uninvited PMs requesting support; post into the appropriate forum instead and we'll all learn. See our Private messaging policy.

#5 ranchhand

ranchhand

• Moderators
  • 1,458 posts
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 11 October 2017 - 10:55 AM

Smart move, Ken, not to call that number. Chances are someone with an India accent will answer and for $$ will "help" you get ride of that nasty, old infection. One would think that they would at least not make grammatical and syntax misspellings in their message.

Fishing Fanatic - gimme a fishing rod, point me North and turn me loose.