3 replies to this topic

#1 beau

beau

Valued Member

• Gold Star Member
  • Pip
  • 617 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 01:11 AM

What are the technical term for the special characters in CSS .. the colon, semi-colon and curly brackets?

css%20characters.png

#2 Phzzz

Phzzz

Phzzz izzz a Nugatory and Totally Insignificant Peon!

• Administrators
  • 1,009 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 21 December 2017 - 11:36 PM

Beau... Those characters are not "special" and they are simply a colon, semi-colon and curly brackets.  It's how they are USED that matters. It's the syntax, explained here:  CSS Syntax

Please don't Email or Message me for help/support. Instead, either start a NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY in the appropriate thread in these forums. This will also benefit others who may have a similar question or problem. And please read the rules for Private Messaging. - Phzzz (aka Scruffy; aka Nunzio; aka Tom)

#3 beau

beau

Valued Member

• Gold Star Member
  • Pip
  • 617 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 03:23 AM

Thanks, Tom ~

I know that CSS Syntax page, I just thought that since the colon, semi-colon and curly brackets are so meaningful to the functioning of CSS that they'd have some category name, but it's not important, at least I've figured how to use them ;)

Happy Holidays!

~ beau

• Phzzz likes this

#4 Phzzz

Phzzz

Phzzz izzz a Nugatory and Totally Insignificant Peon!

• Administrators
  • 1,009 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 27 December 2017 - 12:07 AM

:1thumbsup:

Please don't Email or Message me for help/support. Instead, either start a NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY in the appropriate thread in these forums. This will also benefit others who may have a similar question or problem. And please read the rules for Private Messaging. - Phzzz (aka Scruffy; aka Nunzio; aka Tom)