• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ranchhand

ranchhand

• Moderators
  • 1,480 posts
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 02 January 2018 - 03:15 PM

Old Man Winter is really beating us with his icicles today....-8°F (-22°C) on my back deck this AM. Bright sun, though, so it is pretty with the snow on the ground. Last night the moon was so brilliant that it cast shadows of the trees on the ground. Guess I'll throw another log on in the fireplace and read a good book. I had some friends over last Sunday for dinner; got them all warmed up with one of my favorite drinks: I make cappuccino coffee.....I add a light sprinkle of Cinnamon on top of the coffee in the basket, and use Almond Milk instead of dairy milk, and add one shot of Irish Cream when I steam the milk. When done, lightly sprinkle the foam with Cinnamon and serve. Yummy!

Fishing Fanatic - gimme a fishing rod, point me North and turn me loose.

#2 moon

moon

• Moderators
  • 150 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 09:22 PM

41* in N.E. Florida today and going down tonight they say.

#3 Dino

Dino

Valued Member

• Silver Star Member
  • Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 05:49 PM

This must have been a deep freeze for Florida; her in New Jersey we just finished a subfreezing cold snap that lasted for 14 days (the third-longest on record), during which we were hit by a snow storm where I had to drive for 20 miles (32 km) to work and was tailgated by a truck driver at one point as I couldn’t go faster than 15 miles (24 km) per hour on average. Good times. :D

#4 Angoid

Angoid

Administeriosis Extremus

• Administrators
  • 1,595 posts
  • LocationEast Midlands, UK

Posted 11 January 2018 - 02:29 PM

Heard about the Floridian Freeze even over here!  Snow in some parts I gather as well!

Been cold here, but not THAT cold.  Just a typical, bog-standard winter.  However, roll on summer!

If you don't know what eschatology is then don't worry; it's not the end of the world.
Please do not send uninvited PMs requesting support; post into the appropriate forum instead and we'll all learn. See our Private messaging policy.