• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jminkie17

jminkie17

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 11:02 PM

I have about 40-50 DVD’s of articles, PDF’s & eBooks.  I would like to print out and save the table of contents for each one, but it would take some time to copy and paste each title or print each one out. Some DVDS have hundreds of titles on them. My question is, * I was wondering if there is a program or some software that you can put your DVD in the drive and automatically print out and save a copy of the table of contents without having to type every one of them out. I hope I explained it what I am looking for. Would you have any suggestions? Thanks.

#2 ranchhand

ranchhand

• Moderators
  • 1,480 posts
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 08 January 2018 - 03:43 AM

Not sure if this is what you want, but....

Fishing Fanatic - gimme a fishing rod, point me North and turn me loose.

#3 kennethr

kennethr

• Silver Star Member
  • Pip
  • 195 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 03:06 PM

Been a l o n g time since I have seen KarenWare.  Used to have a lot of good utilities there.

#4 ranchhand

ranchhand

• Moderators
  • 1,480 posts
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 09 January 2018 - 03:11 PM

Yeah, I agree. I dunno'; sometimes I just lose interest in IT anymore. Years ago it was interesting, fascinating. I could dig into the OS, there were websites like Karen's that had all kinds of interesting utilities, and I really enjoyed helping folks. The first time I learned how to partition and format for Windows 95 was on this forum, and Greendive and another (forget the name right now) patiently walked me through it until I understood.

Seems that is disappearing now. M/Soft wants everything to be online so they can control it. The Millenials want everything plastic shrink-wrapped so no intelligence is required.

Sorry for the rant.

#5 kennethr

kennethr

• Silver Star Member
  • Pip
  • 195 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 04:07 PM

I agree 100%. Used to be tons of HOW questions on websites.  One reason now is that everyone knows so much more, plus, if they don't, there is the web.  I remember when I started new, I could hardly find the on/off button, and really no one to show me.  If I could get on the web with my old dial up, I did not know where to go. :D

Maybe we should just go back to fishing.  All answers there may/may not be correct.

#6 ranchhand

ranchhand

• Moderators
  • 1,480 posts
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 10 January 2018 - 10:46 PM

Maybe we should just go back to fishing.

Attached File  Winking Chimp.gif   45.84KB   1 downloads