Photo

How To Change Administrator Email Address?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 beau

beau

Valued Member

• Gold Star Member
  • Pip
  • 628 posts

Posted 28 January 2018 - 11:36 PM

I want to change the email address in Control Panel > User Accounts > Make changes to my account in PC settings ?

If you Google this question you will get only instructions only on how to change password. I don't want to change the password, I want to change the email address.

Someone said "You log out of Microsoft user account and log back with your new email address.", but I'm afraid that if I log out I won't be able to log back in with anything but the old Administrator name, which BTW I want to keep as the Administrator name.

sdfsadf.jpg

EDIT:

I've googled this and there are many claims on how to do this but I can't find one that makes sense. For example, one says:

<<To logout from MS acct in Win10: Control Panel > User Accounts > Make changes to my account and PC settings > click on "Sign in with a local account instead"

but in fact there is no such  "Sign in with a local account instead" option on the page>>

Microsoft's own page says <<

1)Go to settings (Not control panel)

2)Click on Accounts

3)In the Your Account tab click on Sign in with local account instead (Above Your Picture)

>>

. . . but there is no such "Sign in with local account instead" choice

#2 kennethr

kennethr

• Silver Star Member
  • Pip
  • 200 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 03:54 AM

I went to Settings.

Then Accounts.

then Your Info

Then Manage  My Microsoft Account

Then to the next Your Info (on bar at top)

That info takes you to your profile, where you have a choice to manage e mail sign in. Don't think you have to sign out. Just have password which will let you reset.

Attached Files

• Attached File  acct.jpg   69.28KB   0 downloads

#3 beau

beau

Valued Member

• Gold Star Member
  • Pip
  • 628 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 01:42 PM

Thanks kennethr, now we're getting somewhere.

The problem is that when I get to my profile (as per your steps) there is only one account alias listed, the "primary alias", and it is the alias I want . . but in Settings > Your Info the email for Administrator is the email I'm trying to get rid of (and replace with the primary alias)

Also, in the "Manage how you sign in to Microsoft" page, I clicked "Change sign-in preferences", but it lists only the primary alias, the one I want, but it is greyed out, so there's nothing I can do on that page.

I can live perfectly well with things the way they are, there aren't any problems with it, it's just that Microsoft may send email to the Administrator address and it's an old email account I almost never visit.