2 replies to this topic

#1 dr911

dr911

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 12:09 AM

Hello All,

I have my main system (dell dimension 2400) XP SP3) and last week I got the almighty "BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH" !!

Here's the message : Stop: 0X00007B (.0XF2BED528, 0XC000034. 0X0000034. 0X000000000X0000000)

The blur screen of death. I've tried repairing with my XP disk, nothing. I would like to tried ad safe it.

Any suggestions ??

Thanks in advance !!
DR911

#2 jimholly

jimholly

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 336 posts
  • LocationMason, Ohio

Posted 11 March 2014 - 01:42 AM

Welcome dr911.

Follow the instructions HERE for doing a repair with the install disc.  If this doesn't work, then most likely your hard drive has failed.  A 0X000007B error is usually a hardware one. 

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.  You are his life, his love, his leader.  He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.  You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

A Finnish Spitz site; My simple home page

#3 ranchhand

ranchhand

• Moderators
  • 1,480 posts
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 11 March 2014 - 02:17 AM

You can test your hard drive and memory free; go Here and download Seatools for DOS (free) ISO and burn it to a CD. Make sure your BIOS is set to 1st boot device = CD drive; reboot with it in your CD drive, and when the screen appears choose the short test at the upper left corner. Let it run until it posts "test complete", about 20 minutes or so. At the end of the run it will give you "pass" or "fail" message; or, If it messages you that SMART is tripped, that means the drive is bad.

For a memory test, I have the following canned post:

Download Memtest 86+ , the "precompiled Bootable ISO (zip)" file (free) from my link; burn it to a CD. Be sure your BIOS is set to CD=1st boot device, Hard Drive=2nd boot device; reboot with the CD in your DVD drive. You will see the screen appear and the testing will automatically start. When it has completed all the tests, the message "press key to exit" will appear. Any errors found will be listed, even one error means that stick of memory is bad. I suggest testing each stick separately if you have more than one installed.

Fishing Fanatic - gimme a fishing rod, point me North and turn me loose.